My Photo
Name:
Location: Shela Village, India

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pilgrimage

Going to Mica felt, in many ways, like a pilgrimage. There was a sense of the revered about the whole experience. I felt like a new person from the moment I was in the bus on my way there. Strangely enough, I'd say that I felt more like myself than I had for months before. I was more open, more at ease than I had imagined I would be. It was unexpected to say the least. When I'd dared to visualize the experience, imagine what the test, the Group Exercise and the (dreaded) intervoew would do to my nerves, I'd never once thought I'd flow through it. But I did.

I cannot say how well I did, I have no clue. I do know that I have given it my best shot.
Nevertheless, it still seems unreal- the whole day. Unreal, in a nice way though.
I just can't get over how chatty and friendly I was with perfect strangers that day. I suppose its been so long since I did that, felt like I wanted to do that in Bangalore- it perhaps felt like an anomaly. Or perhaps some part of me realized then that this wasn't competition, there were no nails ready to draw blood, no sign of fierce rivalry, let alone enimity.

It was a strange sort of realization- pitiful, painful and ironic all at once. I understood then that we were all just a cluster of young people faced with the abyss that dawns beyond college and security. One where plans shatter beyond proof and hopes, where money must be made, decisions taken, where responsibility beckons.

Are we ready? Maybe.
Are we scared? Yes.

Competition? Aren't we just trying to make our way through as best we can? Some armed with light to find a path through the abyss, others stumble behind the dim flickers of others' torches. Onwards we all march.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home