My Photo
Name:
Location: Shela Village, India

Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Ideal Bin

Hmm....so where do I stand on the whole issue of recommendations?
All set for my interview next week...geared to go, infact!
But now there's this whole karma kathinai right ahead of me.
Someone's offered, offered mind, no one asked, to put in a good word for me with the people interviewing me next week...ab kya?
I'm desperately keen to get in. This is the only thing that's been buzzing around in my little brain for so long (apart from A during the last couple of days).
I've looked around all sides of the problem, prepared myself for the worst, the terrible-est, the most darndest-ly ugly event that could come about to trip me up during my interview.
Lekin ye recommendation ka kya?
So this woman, out of her own goodwill, being the friend of a friend of a cousin heard I was about to get interviewed and just said that she'd say good things about me....should I ask her to? Ke nahi?

My idealist self is so disgusted at me for even considering to ask this woman to talk for me. A part of me can't imagine anything that would make me feel guiltier, dirtier if I did get through and it was because her word counted for more than my precious marks, certis and what not. I couldn't possibly forsake my principles. It just feels so....unclean.

Lekin the other side of me can't help but wonder, so what if she does put in a good word for me? Yes, its cause enough to make me both, guilty and insecure, for a very long time afterwards; but what have I wanted like a crazed woman for the last year? what dream have I cherished with passion bordering on fanaticism for so long? Doesn't fulfilling my dream count for more than the way I get there?

Is the end greater than the means?
Karma ki kathinai.

Uphold the ideals, or bin them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home